With the ongoing debate about the nutritional value and effects of A1 and A2 milk, a bunch of companies has laid out some research findings and studies concluding with the harm induced by A1 milk while enumerating the advantages of A2 milk. Casein dominates a large part (80%) of the total protein content in milk. The milk is made up of several forms of casein of which, beta casein is the most common. A1 beta casein is found in cows originating in the united states, New Zealand, Australia, and Northern Europe, while A2 beta casein appears within the Ober Weis made by traditional cows found in India and Africa.
Here, we answer some frequently asked questions and dispel the myths who have within the time been connected with each kind of milk.
What exactly is A2 milk?
* Cow’s milk is a wonderful source of protein, whey, and casein, wherein, casein is made up of different variants namely: A1 and A2 beta-casein. The genetic structure in the cow governs the composition in the milk regarding these beta caseins.
* In america, mostly all the cows produce milk containing both A1 and A2 beta caseins. However, some breeds of cows produce milk with only A2 beta casein found in it. This milk is called A2 milk.
What are the claims/health hazards related to A1 milk?
* The reports made by exponents claim that the A1 milk protein produces Beta-Casomorphin-7 (BCM7) which induces adverse health effects like Type 1 diabetes, Ischemic heart problems, autism, and digestive & inflammatory disorders in humans. Also, few theories claim that the intake of A1 milk may cause lactose intolerance and allergies in humans, and A2 milk can help cure the same.
* However, some scientific communities gainsay these evidence as inconclusive, and state that there is absolutely no link between BCM7 and the mentioned non-communicable diseases-as declared by the research conducted by the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA).
* Lacking facts and convincing reports has compelled they to do specific studies on the relation in between the gastronomical results of BCM7/A1 milk and human health.
* Regardless of the accessibility to indisputable facts, several big companies have begun selling the A2 milk commercially by promoting and influencing the consumer market of the benefits.
What exactly is the status of milk-producing cattle in America?
* The American cattle-native cow and buffalo breeds-produce A2 milk that is certainly preferably safe for consumption. The A1 and A2 status of milk in animals are based on the 2 allelomorphs in the beta-casein gene: A1 and A2.
* The animals may either by homozygous (A1A1 or A2A2) or heterozygous (A1A2) for one sort of milk protein: A1A1 animals produce only A1 milk, A2A2 animals produce A2 milk, and A1A2 animals produce milk with both A1 and A2 beta caseins.
* Based on a study conducted on 22 native Indian cattle breeds by National Bureau of Animal Genetic Resources (NBAGR), Karnal, the predominant genotype in Indian milch animals is A2A2, confirming they produce A2 milk.
Exactly what is the best milk type that can be consumed by the Indian populace?
* With the deficiency of scientific facts linked to the harmful effects of BCM7/A1 milk on humans and also the prevalence of A2-milk-producing cattle in India, there’s visibly no requirement for the customers to switch the kind of milk they’ve been consuming all of these years.
* Plus, there are specific signs of digestive disorder allied with lactose intolerance wherein, a person is not able to digest lactose due to the deficiency of lactase-an enzyme made by the little intestine in humans csdnhw towards the complete digestion of whole milk. However, lactose is present in both A1 and A2 milk and so the consumers must know that switching to A2 milk will not help them tackle lactose intolerance.
* Recently, dairy giants in India have started offering A2 milk for the consumers at a premium rate, and with the rising understanding of A1/A2 milk, they’re also ready to shell out more income for high quality and safe milk.